Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thou Shalt Not Steal



I had occasion to go out of town for business last month. I went with my boss, who definitely lives up to the title (BOSSY!) And as we parked in front of the motel, and walked up to the doors, there was a massive granite slab there, as you see - with the Ten Commandments chiseled on for all to see. At first I thought, well maybe it's the "10 commandments of friendly motels" but no.... upon closer inspection, you can see the same commandments from the movie with Charleton Heston. (LOL) At first, I thought I might burst into flames upon passing this monument. However, I must have uttered the secret password, as I was able to enter safely.

On the morning of checkout, my boss rushed me through breakfast and I didn't get a chance to finish my coffee. So, since I was commanded (but not one of THESE 10 commandments) to "bring the car around," I jumped up to see if there was a to-go cup I could take my coffee in. I found none, and not wanting to waste perfectly good Go-Juice, I just took it with me. I was waiting in the car in the front for her, when I was COMMANDED: thou shalt not steal. So, since I'd finished drinking the coffee while waiting, I set the cup down, as commanded, and snapped this photo as a memento.

No comments: